Hi guys, I’m so pleased to say that I’ve been nominated for a Liebster award by my lovely follower Amy. Yay! Apparently, Liebster means ‘dearest’, which is a lovely way of putting things. So, how it works? A blogger nominates another blogger for the award, who then nominates someone else. It’s a friendly, blogger-to-blogger ‘chain letter’ style of award. (Not bad or harmful in any way.)
This is how it works –
It is awarded to bloggers who have less than 200 followers and comes with a number of rules:
- Post eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the questions posed by your nominator
- Pass the award on to eleven new recipients
- Pose eleven new questions to your bloggers
Post a copy of the badge on your blog (type “Liebster Award” into Google images; you’ll find plenty to choose from). Notify nominees and include links to the originating blog, as well as the new recipients.
11 facts about me:
- I’m a massive forensic science fan and could probably plot the perfect murder. 😈
- I have a certificate from the British Museum, for an Egyptology course.
- My dream travel itinerary is to travel the museums of the world.
- I’m a total and unashamed cheesy pop fan. I know all the words to Hanson’s first album, and every Spice Girl and S Club 7 dance move.
- My music style is crazy eclectic. From old school jazz to Classic Rock and complete nutters like Slipknot and Cradle of Filth.
- I’m a secret conspiracy theorist. I love poring over the wacky theories about JFK, Mary Celeste, Marilyn Monroe and Jack the Ripper.
- I write everywhere. I carry a note book everywhere in case I come up with something I think of that’s interesting.
- I have a gorgeous Standard Poodle called Bracken.
- I’m an explainer. I can’t just answer a question with a few words. I write like I speak and I could speak for Scotland.
- Whenever I watch a TV show about losing weight, I eat. Whenever I watch cooking shows, I don’t eat. I’m a little messed up 🙂
- I am addicted to Irn Bru.
Questions I was asked:
1. If you could be an animal, what would you be?
I would be a dog. Probably a wolfhound because they do nothing all day and I’m a little lazy.
2. What is your favourite book?
My all time favourite, that I can always rely on is Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters, the first in the Amelia Peabody series. I love a good crime and an archaeological dig.
3. Something you say on a day to day basis?
I’m hungry. (I’m always hungry and I love food.)
4. Most terrifying situation you have been in?
Em…well, I almost died about three times when I was 16. I had cancer and was being treated for it, but had problems with infections and damage to my adrenal glands that control your ability to deal with stress etc. That was scary.
5. What made you start your blog?
My first book got published and I thought it would be a combination of a good outlet for me, and a great way to generate interest in my stories.
6. Lucky number?
It used to be 7, for no real reason. Now it’s 21. Because we weren’t sure I’d make it to reach my 21st birthday. But now I’m 26 and 21 was my mountain.
7. If you had to write a short story about anything in the world, what would it be about?
I write all the time, but if I had the ability and the inspiration, I’d love to write an archaeological, or museum murder mystery.
8. Have you always wanted to write?
Yes. I was about 14 when I noticed a book I was reading didn’t flow very well. I’d always loved writing beforehand so I decided to re-write the story I was reading to fix it. Then things really took off.
9. 3 words to describe yourself?
Kooky, unpredictable, busy
10. Coke or lemonade?
Lemonade. But I’d prefer Irn Bru. 🙂
11. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely. I believe that you can fall in love with someone with just the one conversation, whether in person or not, as long as both sides are honest. Technically, as I see it, when you meet someone, it’s your eyes that tell you everything about them on first sight…posture, attitude, personality, mannerisms. You see all these before you ever usually speak to someone. Then, you meet and a voice, a smile can fix that feeling for you.
My questions to you guys:
- Do you have a light side or a dark side?
- Who is your intended audience and why should they read your blog?
- What’s the most amusing thing that’s happened to you?
- If your life were made into a movie, who do you picture playing you?
- Vanilla or Chocolate?
- Do you have any deep dark secrets you would admit to your readers?
- Who is your favourite book character?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever done in your life?
- Do you prefer films or books?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- If you could have any pet in the world, fantasy or real, what would it be?
Thank you so much Amy for nominating me for this. I’m so pleased you guys like what you see.