1. Dax is the owner of a pool company in Houston. Was that always your first choice of career for him, or did you play around with different options to see what worked best?
This was always the choice for him, but at the time I was writing, I had no idea that Dax would end up being a main character in the story. Him and Damien just kind of clicked together.
2. Dax and Damien have quite a turbulent passion brewing between them. What do you think is the foundation of that passion?
Well, both characters had just gone through a rough betrayal with people they thought they could trust, and both were hurt. Damien and Dax had known each other for quite some time as friends, and I think the timing was just right for them. The trust was established and the chemistry was there, it just needed a little time, patience, and a push to act on things.
3. There are a lot of stories out lately, about one MC who is openly gay/bi and the other being straight. Was this a conscious choice or did the characters write themselves that way?
Damien and Dax just wrote themselves that way. Personally, I love a gay for you story, whether it be a friends to lover’s or an enemy to lover story because of the emotions and things they need to go through to get their happy ending, but D & D took complete control of the whole thing and I wrote their story the way they wanted it told-hahaha.
4. Are you a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of writer, or do you plan your stories?
I’m a total pantster, completely fly by the seat. I have tried to plan, but once I’m in the zone, the characters take over and any notes I may have had just don’t work for me.
5. Is there a genre you would really love to break into, but haven’t yet, or are you happily settled with the genre you’re in?
I’m definitely happy in writing mm romance, but I’ve always wanted to try paranormal. Maybe I will make an attempt at a mm paranormal one day, who knows.
6. A Perfect Passion is a consistent force in Amazon’s ranking. How do you do it? Obviously the book talks for itself, but how on earth do you come up with these stories that everyone loves?
Inspiration. This is the genre where my inspiration takes me and I try to create real and believable characters that have to deal with real issues and challenges. I’m so glad that others can relate to the story and characters also.
7. I see Book 2, Payce’s Passion, is coming up next. Are we going to see more of Dax and Damien, or is their story over?
They will definitely be making appearances in Payce’s Passion. In the third and final installment of The Passion Series, which I haven’t started writing yet, we will see more of them there too. I love Dax and Damien, so they aren’t completely done with their story, yet. I just have to get the next part of the story out in order to make the third one work. Hahaha!
8. As the author of the book, I’m sure you have your favourite moment from writing it. (A story of how something came about or a quote from the book). Care to share? My favorite moment with them?
Wow, that is a tough one because I have so many. My first is the way that Damien can make Dax stutter when he flirts with him. Damien loves it, Dax is terrified of it. I guess my favorite quote is when Dax finally tells Damien: “You became my perfect passion.” And they both realize that they are the ones for each other and nothing else matters.
9. What is the one thing you want people to feel or take away from reading A Perfect Passion?
That nothing is impossible when you fight for it and take the risk.
10. Be honest – how much fun did you have looking for cover images for this book? Did you know what you were looking for, or did you just have a vague idea? I’ve seen you describing the cover model as Dax…is that who you always wanted to show on the cover?
I had a blast looking at cover images, but when I spotted the one, I knew it was perfect for Dax.
For Damien, passion brings ecstasy, betrayal and danger that almost cost him his life. At the lowest point in his life, he discovers that true passion and loyalty have been staring him in the face all along. There is one problem he must surmount first, Dax is straight and carries a lot of baggage. What neither of them realize is that sometimes passion can also bring healing. That is if one is brave enough to take the first step. In a perfect passion, one must be willing to take the risk.
About the Author:
Piper Kay International Best Selling m/m erotica romance author. International Best Selling Author, erotica romance author, mm erotica romance published with Hot Ink Press. Author of Eight Second Cowboy, Author in the Naughty Box, A Perfect Passion and Twisted Cherry. The Passion Series-A Perfect Passion and coming soon Payce’s Passion, Book Two.
How to Get in touch with Piper: